Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....LOVE (AND MANNERS) IS ALL YOU NEED

When a baby is born, Mommy and Daddy count fingers and toes, listen to the APGAR score, swaddle/swaddle/swaddle, and then they wait..... wait to hear the first amazing words come out of those sweet lips.

Will it be "Mama"? Will it be "Dada"? That's really what they want to know. What word will be recorded in the baby book next to first word? With every "goo" and "ga" they check with each other to see if they really heard what they thought they did.

As time goes by and Baby grows, Mommy and Daddy wait to hear those three precious words---I LOVE YOU! Sometimes when that historic moment comes, it's not all it was cracked up to be.

Little Ms. Julia is the perfect example.

Daddy: I love you, Julia.
Julia: I love you too, Daddy.
Mommy: I love you, Julia.
Julia: Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!!!