Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I FORGIVE YOU

My wonderful friend Denise encouraged me to work out with her today. I recently received a free 2-month membership to her gym, so she was eager to show me all the equipment. To make a very long and painful story short....I survived! Denise is very aware of the benefits of eating healthy and exercising. Me, well I am also aware of the benefits, I just choose to ignore them. My philosophy is as follows: Working out can be painful and, dare I say, dangerous. (And I'm not even talking about falling off the tread mill!)

Just a few days ago Denise was home working out on her WII FIT and watching the biggest loser simultaneously. She was steppin'---which is basically just stepping up onto the WII FIT platform and stepping off over and over and over. Sadly, at one point, she stepped off the WII FIT and right onto her five-year-old's head.

I must admit, her reaction was the same as mine would have been. It went something like this: Carter, what are you doing down there? Then, when she figured out that a foot coming down on his head probably did hurt a little bit, she gave him some TLC and told him sorry. His response: I forgive you mom.

2 comments:

Heather Devino said...

I love that story. "I forgive you Mom." lol!

Michele said...

Me, too!