Saturday, January 30, 2010

FATHERS BE GOOD TO YOUR DAUGHTERS



So.....I'm sitting here watching VH1 STORYTELLERS. John Mayer is singing his songs acoustically and telling where they came from. I never really considered myself to be a John Mayer fan, but I LOVE this song. Have you ever heard it? The lyrics basically say: Fathers be good to your daughters. Daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers. So mothers be good to your daughters, too.

He said this song was written when he desperately loved a girl that couldn't trust him enough to love him back. Turns out her trust issues stemmed from an unstable relationship with her father.

I just wanted to thank my girls' Dad, because above all he loves his girls---and tells them often. He is at their dance competitions....soccer games...baptisms...confirmation...softball games...Father Daughter Bowling...Easter egg hunts... Bowling...supper ...breakfast...lunch...recitals...Saturday afternoons...Prom...Coronation...college road trips...Scrabble games...vacations...bedtime stories...decorating the Christmas tree...making Christmas cookies...

My girls and I are lucky to have him.

No comments: