Saturday, January 23, 2010

HOW BLESSED ARE WE?

Our dancing queen is a senior on her highschool dance team. All you soccer moms, hockey moms, baseball moms, dance moms.....you will understand when I say I CRY AT LEAST ONCE during every competition. Lately her Dad has even been tearing up. She is just so amazing when she's out on the floor.

Remember baby Corrine? She is now 12 days old. Her mom was so worried, because she just cries when she looks at Corrine. I reassured her that it's only the beginning. We moms cry when our babies are born, sleep like angels, go to kindergarten, get their first hit in t-ball, tell us they love us, tell us they hate us, have their hearts broken, make scary choices, go to the prom, go off to college........

It's just the nature of the beast. Yes, I use my fair share of tissue. Yes, my kids always stare to see how long it will take me to cry during the Disney movie. Yes, it's a guaranteed water works when the kids sing at church. That's okay....how blessed are we?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'v cried for four days while Aaron's been gone to DC...I'm tearing up just typing this...

michele said...

I'm feelin' your pain.