Tuesday, February 2, 2010

GROUNDHOG FOR MAYOR


Some things just go together...peanut butter and jelly, popcorn and butter, cookies and milk, Groundhog's Day and elections....Whoa! Wait a minute. I was on a roll until the Groundhog thing.

Today, February 2, hundreds of people watched as "Phil" the groundhog came out of his burrow to see his shadow. (I live in Illinois, so the natural comparison between politicians and little animals who are hiding underground is just SCREAMING to be made, but...not going there.)Anyway....Phil saw his shadow, which means 6 more weeks of winter. Seriously....is anyone excited about that?

Also today, primary elections were held around the country. When I talked to our 18-year-old daughter about voting she said all that really got on her nerves and she didn't know a lot about it. I did share with her that if she lives in America she needs to be a functioning part of the democracy. Her comment was, "I will never vote!"....Time will tell.

Across town, my friend had a talk with her 8-year-old daughter, Jayden, about elections. During a discussion about today being election day, she tells Mom, "I vote the groundhog doesn't see his shadow."

No comments: