Sunday, February 28, 2010

LAUREN'S STORY

A while back, I asked for a Lauren story. Lauren is Isaac and Julia's 7-year-old sister. Mommy said Lauren had not been crazy or funny lately. However, it dawned on Mommy that sweet stories described Lauren better, because that's who she is...a little sweetheart who always wants people to be happy. She always gives lots of hugs and kisses and makes Mommy love notes. Yesterday, she put a note on Mommy's bed and then said, "There's a note on your bed, and I don't know who it's from." The note said: MOMMY, I LOVE YOU. LOVE, ?

So, without further adieu, here's Mom's LAUREN STORY with a little background:

I always sing "Lauren's song" to her at bedtime, which is a song I made up by changing the words of a different song. You may have heard it... It's "Molly's Song". I made it Mommy instead of Daddy, etc...

A few days ago, I was running around like a crazy woman and Lauren was following me around with this piece of ribbon. She kept asking me to stop, but I was busy . . . Finally, I said "Lauren, what do you need?" She tied the ribbon around my waist and said, "I'm tying a ribbon around your heart". Of course, I stopped and gave her a big hug! :)

Here is "Lauren's Song":

Mommy's little girl paints the world with her magic wand.
Mommy's little child breathes new life to the morning time for me.
When we're apart, her thoughts follow me.



Mommy's little girl ties a ribbon around my heart.
Mommy's little child waves goodbye to the ocean tide that sweeps me.
When we're apart, she's a part of me.



When I come home, Lauren smiles with the dawn.
Lauren smiles, and she radiates the glow around her halo.
When she plays, Lauren smiles.
On a summer day, Lauren smiles.
A new day, Lauren smiles.

Nothing's wrong when Lauren smiles.

No comments: