Saturday, February 20, 2010

SHOUT OUT!

Today was the last regional dance competition Jerilyn will ever compete in. We have watched her blossom the past 4 years on her high school dance team. Little sister has been her biggest fan every step of the way. In our dance world there is something called SHOUT OUTS. Fans can pay $1 to have a message read to their dancers before a performance. Of course Lil' Sis always sends shout outs to big sis. The same held true for today, but with a little twist.

During LYRICAL category--my all time favorite--I CRIED! During DANCE category--I CRIED! Both are touching. My husband leans over to me and says, "HIP HOP is next. At least you won't cry during that one." So....before HIP HOP the announcer reads the shout outs. Lil sis sent big sis a shout out: HIP HOP YOUR WAY TO THE TOP---LOVE YOUR LIL' SIS. Surprise! Big Sis snuck out to the SHOUT OUT table some time during competition and sent one to Lil'Sis. It went a little something like this: Mary Jae, thanks for always sitting in the stands and cheering me on at every competition. It means a lot to me. Love, Your Big Sis. So....I actually did cry for Hip Hop! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that our girls are 10 years apart, but, oh so close at heart.

No comments: