Saturday, February 27, 2010

SENIOR NIGHT

Note: Sorry loyal followers! My computer has a big, evil virus, so I haven't been able to blog. I owe you a few.


Last night was SENIOR NIGHT at our last home basketball game of the season. It was more than that, though. It was the last time our beautiful daughter will dance on her high school gym floor. It was the end of an amazing high school dance career. It was such a heart-warming night.

All seniors involved in basketball, cheerleading and dance team were honored. In between the JV and Varsity game seniors and their parents congregated on the side of the gym floor. One by one senior names were announced along with their proud parents. Jerilyn's name was called. Her dad and I linked to one side, and Mom on the other. For three or four glorious moments, hundreds of fans celebrated our daughter and her accomplishements. Everyone had the opportunity to see what we already know...She is amazing.

Although it was an end, in many ways it is the beginning of all things to come! I am so excited for her future. I cannot wait to see what this fabulous girl will accomplish in her lifetime. I am just so blessed to be a part of it.

No comments: