Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Broken

So.....I sent my fifteen-year-old son to school Monday morning in one piece. He came home broken. While getting into his locker after school he was pushed from behind and broke his wrist. He says it was just a kid that got a little too rowdy. "It's not a big deal, Mom." My boy has a sweet, gentle spirit and would never want anyone to get in trouble...very forgiving.
His nineteen-year-old mother hen of a big sister---not so much! When she found out about her little brother's broken wrist she called Dad from college and had this to say, "I want to know who did it and I want to know NOW. I will take care of it!" While I'm fearful that she's ordering a hit even as we speak, in a crazy, dysfunctional way it warms my heart that she has her brother's back.
Her "broken" brother, on the other hand, is more concerned about calling the doctor to get permission to play badminton in PE than planning retribution.
Different kids. Different out-looks on life. Same amount of never-ending love.

No comments: