Sunday, October 17, 2010

Baby Shower


Went camping this weekend with my Brownie troop. Trust me, I'm not a nature girl. So...this was a BIG DEAL for me. Saturdays in October always seem busy, so we had several mommies and one daddy tag-teaming to make it an experience the girls wouldn't forget. Some mommies came and went shuttling girls back and forth to soccer games and previous commitments. One mommy stayed all night, but left early to attend a baby shower.
When we woke up Saturday morning at sunrise the first thing we did was throw on our shoes with our flannel jammies, gather the girls and hike to the bathroom. While the girls took turns brushing, rinsing and spitting I basked in the glory of their chatter. Had to smile when I stumbled upon this conversation at the sinks:

"Where did Mrs. S go?"
"She had to go to a baby shower."
"What's a baby shower?"
"I think that's where they sprinkle water over a baby's head."
"oh"

No comments: