Friday, November 19, 2010

Diorama

My third-grade daughter has a project for Thanksgiving break.  She is to create a diorama (a project usually in a shoebox that creates a realistic background and characteristics of an animal.)  Upon hearing this assignment, she was immediately pumped full of creative ideas. 

While technically Thanksgiving Break is about a week away, she began Googling facts about CHINCHILLAS and sweeping the house for useful diorama props seconds after arriving home. She tracked me down wherever I was in the house to ask my thoughts on her latest creative use of a household product for her diorama. 

While I am use to her usual creative genius, I must admit she caught me off-guard with this question.
 
Mary Jae:  "Do we have a tube?"
Me:  "What?"
Mary Jae:  "Do we have anything we can use as a tube?""
Me:  "For what?"
Mary Jae:  "I need a tube for my diorama."
Me:  "What 's the tube for?"
Mary Jae:  "It represents the Chilean miners."  "Chinchillas are found in Chile, you know."

Five minutes later she came downstairs with a slinky and rubber-bendable-smiley face guy.   Stay tuned for pictures.  I can't wait to see it myself.    

No comments: