Sunday, August 29, 2010

No Vacancy

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 27:  Bossa Nova  is seen at PawPaws Urban Retreat in the Cupcake Nursery, a newly opened hotel for dogs, at Waterloo on January 27, 2009 in Sydney, Australia. The AUD3.2 million business is Australia's first, occupying 3 floors including a rooftop playground and spa with staff including a Concierge,Chauffeur and Nannies as well as reception, spa and salon personnel. Australia has one of the highest pet ownership levels in the world, with around 40% of households including at least one dog, an estimated 3.75 millions dogs in Australia. Petcare is valued at circa AUD4.62 billion per year, of which 59% is spent on dogs.  (Photo by Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images)




I believe my friend missed her calling. Her official job is SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST. However, I believe she was meant to be a party planner. Each time one of her kids has a birthday she goes ALL OUT. I know...I know...you may be thinking, "Big deal...so do I." But...I'm not talking about her wallet and major money spent. I'm talking about her brain and major creativity sent.

This year's theme for her third-grade daughter was HOTEL FOR DOGS. All 10 girls in Kate's class where invited to their hotel (house) for a 1 night stay. There were reservations, room keys, a vending machine (made out of a cardboard box) pulleys and contraptions for their dogs (stuffed animals).....

Did I mention Mom stays with the girls all night by herself and mans the party while dad takes the little brothers to Grandma's house for the night. This plan does not set well with Aiden. He told his Mom, "You mark my words...I will be staying at the hotel...mark my words!"

No comments: