Saturday, May 29, 2010

MY KIDS ROCK

Like Old Mother Hubbard I went to the cupboard to give my children some lunch. But when I got there, the cupboard was bare, so...I had to go buy some things to munch. Eight-year-old Jae volunteered to go with me. I agreed--on one condition--no whining allowed (from me or her)! We started at the produce stand, moved on to stock up our household items, and finished the 2 1/2 hour shopping extravaganza at the grocery store. When we got home she was STARVING and HAD to have a snack. I called my fourteen-year-old son down to help unpack the car. Not only did he come down to help unpack (fist time I called), but....he stayed to unpack EVERY single sack AND put the food away. I checked the house to see if anything was broken or out of place--nope! He was helping Mom because every day he is becoming just a little more responsible...which I choose to believe until I find a broken window--MY KIDS ROCK!

No comments: