Thursday, March 4, 2010

YOUNG AUTHORS

Spent a wonderful night celebrating over four hundred YOUNG AUTHORS in our school district. I am very proud of each and every author who took the initative to write their thoughts down on paper and "publish" a book. That takes guts.

Jae, our eight-year-old, diligently worked on her book entitled MY BOOK OF NOT SO TRUE FAIRY TALES. Her book had four chapters with 22 pages. Obviously I think she is a talented writer. Her words really flow on the page. All her TALES were wonderful, but here is an excerpt from my favorite page:

I dedicate this book to my funny and sensitive brother Jerremy for being there when I need him. Big brother is away at college studying journalism.

He is our oldest---months away from 21(Yikes!)--and she is our youngest. Although they are 12 years apart, they are always close in their hearts. I LOVE THAT!

No comments: