Sunday, March 14, 2010

THE REASONS WHY

Our oldest is away at college, so I periodically send care packages. For St. Patrick's Day, I walked through Walgreens and found every thing I could that was green to put in his care package. From silly light-up-monster stress balls to toothbrushes, I found lots of crazy GREEN items.

My favorite "find" was a GREEN mini photo album (4 X 6). As soon as I saw it I knew what purpose it would fulfill...It was the perfect cover for a book--a book from our littlest author (Jae, 8) to our oldest author (Jerremy, 20).

I know that Jerremy will appreciate the book, because he aspires to be a fictional writer. So, may I present the book to you:

THE REASONS WHY


I need you more than....
a fish needs water
or a cookie needs milk
or a balloon needs helium
or a sock needs a shoe
or a book needs a page
or a bowling ball needs pins
or fries need ketchup]
or peanut butter needs jelly
or a robber needs $
or a boy needs soap
(second runner up favorite)
or a rainbow needs colors
or ice cream needs sprinkles
or coco needs marshmallows
or a super hero needs strength
or a zebra needs stripes
or a writer needs a pencil
or we need oxygen
or a pencil needs an eraser
like pooh needs honey
like lady liberty needs a torch
(first runner up favorite)
or a ball needs a bounce
like popcorn needs butter
a sister needs a brother
(FAVORITE!)

No comments: