Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tiny Tornado Talk

Here in the Midwest tornado season seems to be in full effect.  Recently, a tornado wreaked havoc in Branson, Mo and surrounding areas.  Earlier this week a pre-k teacher was presenting a very timely science lesson on TORNADOES. She read CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS by Judi Barrett to introduce the lesson and followed up with a YOUTUBE video of an actual  tornado.  To reinforce the lesson children were invited to make swirly, twisty tornadoes using cooked spaghetti noodles.

I now invite you to be a "fly on the wall" and  listen to the comments made by the pre-schoolers during the TORNADO lesson.

"  LOOK AT THAT VOLCANO!!!!"  .

"Wow!  It gets busy inside a tornado!"

"Hey, if you are in front of a tomato you can get hurt!"

"I have one of those at my house."

"Are these Spaghetti-O's?"

"I can hear (the tornado) vibrating"

...and the ever popular pre-k comment no matter what the topic:  "My dog is in heaven."
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those preschoolers are really something! I really enjoy your blog!