Friday, June 18, 2010

Pool party

Had a little get together today with some friends and their kids, ranging in age from 2 years to 8 years old. While the kids were swimming, the mommies sat on the deck chatting. It was HOT. My skin was sizzling like bacon--lean bacon, but still...

About an hour into the party the kids began to chant my name--all in an effort to get me into the pool. I guess what my daughter says is true...I'm so popular in the second grade! I relented, couldn't let my fans down, and inched my way in to the pool.

My favorite 3 1/2 year old, Davey, found many creative uses for a large pair of goggles while we were in the pool. From "baby crib" to "car", those goggles were getting a work out. At one point he filled them with water and got the CRAZY idea to pour water on all the mommies' heads. I politely tried to tell him I just couldn't have water poured over my head, because I was wearing my favorite hat. About 3 minutes later he tapped me on the shoulder, sporting a sweet smile and holding a pair of goggles full of water, and said, "Hey, take your hat off." Whew! good thing I saw that one coming. A shower was diverted and Davey remains my favorite 3 1/2 year old.

No comments: