Sunday, July 31, 2011

On a Mission

My 16-year-old son Jarrod has been gone on our church mission trip for only 24 hours, but it just doesn't seem the same here at home without him. His dad and I dropped him off.  All the youth were huddled around their sleeping bags, duffel bags thrown over their shoulders waiting to load the bus.  The youth director asked Jarrod to load the drinks in the cooler and bring the snacks on to the bus.  Four minutes later when he returned to his spot he looked at me and said, "This is too much work."  So...

I would like to wish my boy luck as he spends a week in 100 degree temperatures repairing houses and caring for children of those who are struggling in a depressed area of the U.S.  Although THAT will be ALOT OF WORK I am incredibly proud of him for giving up one of his last weeks of summer to share some of God's love.  Love you, Jarrod. 

No comments: