Friday, January 7, 2011

God Bless America

Our small mid-western town was recently saddened by the news that a 23 year old fallen soldier was returning home.  In a show of patriotism, honor and love one thousand flags lined the route from airport to funeral home to church.  Patriot Guard Riders led the procession into town.  As my daughter and I stood on the side of the road paying our respects I looked down at her small right hand covering her heart and at that moment my own heart simultaneously melted and broke. 

While my family is blessed to share each day with a patriotic, caring nine year old another family from our same small town will never again share moments with their twenty three year old patriotic son. 

Thank you Lance Cpl Kenny Corzine for your sacrifice. God Bless...You made a difference in this world.   

No comments: